US and Canadian diplomats are reporting health issues allegedly caused by ultrasonic weapons. These devices can affect humans by emitting inaudible and audible sounds that affect our nervous system. Read more here!
Myers Service, Inc. DBA MSI Detective Services will be opening a new branch office location at 5627 Dempster Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053. The new location will be on the second floor of the current new location for the U-Spy Store and Pro Video Security location.
Our new location will service the North and Northwest Suburban as well as North Shore clients with easy access from Interstate I-94, Eden’s Expressway. We are located just West of I-94 on the South side of Dempster.
Now we are appointment only as our branch license application goes through the slow process at the state. We can meet anyone desiring to avoid Chicago traffic coming from the North. We have free and easy off street parking in our lot or you can also park across from the store on the intersecting side street. We are located directly across from the Pizza Hut Express and North Shore Faucets.
Call us at (773) 404-7400 and ask to setup an appointment. We are happy to meet you in a North Suburban area for a confidential consultation.
The iPhone is said to be a highly secure device, and it is in general. Many iPhone owners don’t enable all of the security features for convenience purposes. My long experience with the iPhone has been very good. Almost every phone brought to me, I was able to extract data from it. In fact, I only recall one customer who delivered me a phone that I was unable to get information from. I always warn of this potential situation but it is uncommon. Turned out that her husband had enabled all of the potential security features to hide his alleged dirty little secrets!
Note: Less deleted data will be undeleted on any phone that is near its capacity of total storage. The reason for this has to do with the fact that so little space is available for the erased data to reside. So it gets overwritten quickly by new data and is never available again. So phones with most of the space used will turn up very few pieces of previously deleted data.
Here is what we can potentially be recovered on an iPhone recovery operation:
Deleted Data From the Phone including the following:
Texts (SMS/MMS), iMessages, Call History, Contacts, Calendar Entries, Notes, Safari Bookmarks, Recently Deleted Photos (very rare)
Recovers Deleted Data From These Apps:
Chrome Gmail, Jott, Messenger, WhatsApp, KIK, Whisper, Evernote, Mail.ru
Displays (not to be confused with undeleting) User Data From:
Camera/Photos, Dynamic Text, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Google, Maps, Skype, LinkedIn, Maps, Safari, Twitter, TextPlus, TextFree, Vkontakte. Voicemail. YouTube & Bookmarks
We will send you all of the data obtained from the phone unless the phone is encrypted. If encrypted, we will know right away and only a minimal charge ($100) will be incurred for the attempt. Customer may try to determine this in advance by checking the settings of the phone. You can change that if you have the encryption password from the phone. The cost of a full report including deleted and undeleted data.
On your own or through our services, and armed with the iCloud password for the phone, you can uncover some valuable information. Note that the iCloud may have an phone backup sitting there and may be as valuable as the phone itself. The charge to access the iCloud and deliver data from there is $250 but you must supply the iCloud credentials.
Here is what we will get from iCloud (no need to have phone):
– Contacts on phone only and not on Gmail or other non iPhone databases
– Calendar only on phone and not on Gmail or other non iPhone databases
– iCloud email (not Gmail, Yahoo or other cloud based emails)
– Photos (depending on settings of phone)
– Notes on phone
– Reminders on phone
– Pages documents that are saved to iCloud
– Numbers documents that are saved to iCloud
– Keynote documents that are saved to iCloud
– Find Friends – Whoever you designate – usually family members
– Find iPhone – Shows current location
If you have a phone and need data extracted and undeleted, please call us at (773) 404-7400 and set an appointment. We need the phone for about 1 hour to back it up. Once backed up, we return the phone and go to work on the data extraction and undelete process. You will receive an Excel document with all of the data within a couple of days.
Often times stored and deleted data can be the easiest and most efficient way to gather valuable evidence during an investigation. Most people don’t understand how the undelete and dat extraction process works for how an electronic storage system on smart cell phones. Here is are some questions I get when clients ask us to retrieve and extract undeleted data from the smart phone device. They ask me, “Can I get all deleted data from a cell phone?” “Why didn’t your undelete process work as there is missing data?” “What is the cost and how long does the whole process take? “How long will it take?” “Do you need the cell phone to get data?”
The iPhone undelete process works as follows:
- The cost for undeleting data from most iPhones is $350
- We require the phone password so without it, the data extraction and undelete process will cost much more like $1500 to $2500 and will take much more time
- If the phone has an encrypted backup setting, the likelihood of getting into the phone data is lower and the cost increases to the $1500 – $2500 range
- The phone has storage which takes and stores all data
- The phone has a certain capacity of storage that can be eventually filled up if enough items are stored there
- Stored data includes photos, videos (these two take the most space), text messages, phone logs, websites visited, GPS information as well as other text data
- When anything is deleted, it simply frees up space on the storage for other files but does not truly delete the deleted data
- As you use the phone, additional data gets stored on the phone and may overwrite the deleted data or may be stored on blank or virgin storage space
- Overwritten deleted data is data that is completely erased and become irretrievable
- The more the phone is filled up, the less likely you are to find deleted data since there is a higher likelihood that the deleted data will have been overwritten since there is less area to put new data
- Photos are stored differently and will be deleted more quickly and the likelihood of retrieving them is low unless very recently deleted (And by recently deleted I mean within a day or so)
- Text messages and other textual data are usually undeleted and restored successfully unless the phone is near its storage capacity
The bottom line here is that the more the phone is filled with data, the data you are searching for may have been overwritten by other stored data.
The process for undeleting the data from the iPhone is fairly easy.
- After receiving your phone, we first make a backup of the phone which speeds up the process of getting your phone back
- The backup usually will be 2-4 hours depending on the amount stored on the phone but we ask for morning drop off when you want the phone back the same day
- Next we start the process of restoring all of the deleted data. This process can take a full 24 – 48 hours depending on the phone
- Then we will be able to see the deleted data restored but it will be difficult to send you this since the data required our software to read it. So we will need further processing to get you what you need. If there is an emergency such as a runaway, missing person, kidnapping or other emergency matter, we can read through the data for an additional charge and provide any clues to you and the police
- We will then process the data into an easy to read Excel file with tabs indicating the various categories of restored data
- We can email the file to you, provide a CD disk or place it on a flash drive for your review
- Due to the size of the file and the number of pages, printing a report is not possible
The way the Android undelete process works is as follows:
- The cost is $450 however there are some models that will require higher charges
- The service may take up to 2 days as the extraction process is more complicated
- We recommend dropping the phone in the morning and then expecting pickup no earlier than 5pm the same day but often longer
- In the even that your data is not extractable for the basic process, you have 2 choices.
- We perform a higher level extraction service that requires keeping the phone for 3-5 business days at a cost of $1500 or
- We return your phone and $350 of the original $450
- You will receive a report with the undeleted data on a CD, thumb drive or by email
Give us a call with questions as we are happy to answer them.
The video above is about technology called “StingRay” it is a highly controversial tactic used by law enforcement in which they set out a device that mimics a cell tower in which allows the user to intercept phone calls. The video above also features an interview with MSI’s own Perry Myers!